GRE Sınavı Örneği
GRE sınavı örneklerine göz atarak sınavda karşınıza çıkabilecek soruları öngörebilirsiniz, büyük bir avantaj sahibi olarak sınav sonucunuzu şaşırtıcı bir şekilde arttırabilirsiniz. Aşağıdaki okuma ve anlama sorusunu cevaplayarak sorulara ne kadar aşina olduğunuzu keşfedebilirsiniz. Yazılar ve sorular şaşırtmalı olabilir. Cevapları soruların sonunda görebilirsiniz.
Sample questions 1 to 3 below are based on this passage:
Policymakers must confront the dilemma that fossil fuels continue to be an indispensable source of energy even though burning them produces atmospheric accumulations of carbon dioxide that increase the likelihood of potentially disastrous global climate change. Currently, technology that would capture carbon dioxide emitted by power plants and sequester it harmlessly underground or undersea instead of releasing it into the atmosphere might double the cost of generating electricity. But because sequestration does not affect the cost of electricity transmission and distribution, delivered prices will rise less, by no more than 50 percent. Research into better technologies for capturing carbon dioxide will undoubtedly lead to lowered costs.
Sample Multiple-choice Question — Select One Answer Choice
1. The passage implies which of the following about the current cost of generating electricity?
- It is higher than it would be if better technologies for capturing carbon dioxide were available.
- It is somewhat less than the cost of electricity transmission and distribution.
- It constitutes at most half of the delivered price of electricity.
- It is dwelt on by policymakers to the exclusion of other costs associated with electricity delivery.
- It is not fully recovered by the prices charged directly to electricity consumers.
Doğru Cevap: C
Sample Multiple-choice Question — Select One or More Answer Choices
Consider each of the three choices separately and select all that apply.
2. The passage suggests that extensive use of sequestration would, over time, have which of the following consequences?
- The burning of fossil fuels would eventually cease to produce atmospheric accumulations of carbon dioxide.
- The proportion of the delivered price of electricity due to generation would rise and then decline.
- Power plants would consume progressively lower quantities of fossil fuels.
Doğru Cevap: B
Sample Select-in-Passage Question
3. Select the sentence that explains why an outcome of sequestration that might have been expected would not occur.
Doğru Cevap: “But because sequestration does not affect the cost of electricity transmission and distribution, delivered prices will rise less, by no more than 50 percent.”